Wales hung onto their narrow, nerve-racking lead at Murrayfield to keep their hopes of a Grand Slam alive, thanks to first half tries by Josh Adams and Jonathon Davies.

At full time, captain Alun Wyn Jones gathered his team mates together in the middle of the pitch, which showed a great sign of unity and team spirit.

Wales are now just one win away from completing the Grand Slam. No matter what happens in the Scotland vs England game if Wales win against Ireland in Cardiff, the Six Nations title and Grand Slam is theirs for the first time since 2012.

The public unity showed after a traumatic week off the field for the Welsh team, having to deal with nightmares and uncertainty in domestic Welsh rugby, so the way the national side have dealt with it so well should be applauded.

The Scots were poor first half, playing passive and making silly errors on the ball, they lacked the needed aggression and concentration that they later found in the second half.

Scotland opened the scoring with a Finn Russell penalty but Wales dominated the rest of the half, scoring the first try through Adams after he stepped Blair Kinghorn and raced over the line. Gareth Anscombe scored the conversion and then added a penalty, after Russell got another penalty.

The second try was all about building up the phases, with patience and methodical play. Eventually, Davies found some space and exploited it brilliantly for the score.

Adams almost scored again but brilliant defending by Adam Hastings restricted Wales strengthening the deficit.

A bright spark for Scotland was Hamish Watson returning to the side from injury and he was devastating in contest and with the ball in hand and looks to be a star for Scottish rugby for years to come.

Scotland finish their Six Nations campaign at home to England attempting to ruin their chances of a Six Nations crown, while Wales finish the campaign playing Ireland in Cardiff, knowing a win would secure the much-anticipated Grand Slam.


Written by Ben Jaycock