Flexibility is one of the key elements of rugby training that most amateur players forget about despite the benefits in terms of performance and injury prevention. Below is an example of Joe DeFranco’s Limber 11 flexibility routine which is the ideal starting point for any rugby players – we have included a video example as a demonstration of the exercises…
- Foam Roll IT Band: 10-15 passes
- Foam Roll Adductors: 10-15 passes
- SMR Glutes (lax ball): 30sec. – 2min.
- Bent-knee Iron Cross x 5-10 each side
- Roll-overs into V-sits x 10
- Rocking Frog Stretch x 10
- Fire Hydrant Circles x 10 fwd/10 bwd
- Mountain Climbers x 10 each leg
- Cossack Squats x 5-10 each side
- Seated Piriformis Stretch x 20-30sec. each side
- Rear-foot-elevated Hip Flexor Stretch x 5-10 reps (3sec. hold) each side
Find out more here.