The Ireland coaching staff has named the team that will line out in its opening fixture of the 2015 RBS 6 Nations Championship.
Paul O’Connell will captain the side on his 97th cap for his country and is partnered in the second row by Devin Toner. The front-row is made up of Jack McGrath, Rory Best and Mike Ross.
The back-row consists of Peter O’Mahony, Sean O’Brien and Jordi Murphy at number 8.
Conor Murray and Ian Keatley will form the halfback partnership while Robbie Henshaw will line out at inside-centre alongside Jared Payne who will fill the No.13 jersey.
The back three sees Rob Kearney flanked by Tommy Bowe and Simon Zebo.
Among the replacements are Sean Cronin, James Cronin, Martin Moore, Iain Henderson, Tommy O’Donnell, Isaac Boss, Ian Madigan and Felix Jones.
Ireland’s opening fixture against Italy will kick-off in Rome at the Stadio Olimpico at 15:30 (14:30 Irish Time).
IRELAND team to play Italy – Saturday 7th February, 2015
15. Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster)
14. Tommy Bowe (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)
13. Jared Payne (Ulster)
12. Robbie Henshaw (Buccaneers/Connacht)
11. Simon Zebo (Cork Con/Munster)
10. Ian Keatley (Young Munster/Munster)
9. Conor Murray (Garryowen/Munster)
1. Jack McGrath (St. Mary’s College/Leinster)
2. Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster)
3. Mike Ross (Clontarf/Leinster)
4. Devin Toner (Lansdowne/Leinster)
5. Paul O’Connell (Young Munster/Munster) Captain
6. Peter O’Mahony (Cork Constitution/Munster)
7. Sean O’Brien (UCD/Leinster)
8. Jordi Murphy (Lansdowne/Leinster)
16. Sean Cronin (St. Mary’s College/Leinster)
17. James Cronin (Dolphin/Munster)
18. Martin Moore (Lansdowne/Leinster)
19. Iain Henderson (Ballynahinch/Ulster)
20. Tommy O’Donnell (UL Bohemians/Munster)
21. Isaac Boss (Terenure/Leinster)
22. Ian Madigan (Blackrock/Leinster)
23. Felix Jones (Shannon/Munster)