Nigel Plum costs the panthers $1.5 k a year in tape, we’ve found the secret that finally made him half ok to continue playing…
The Sydney Morning Herald ran a story on the 31-year-old second rower who costs his team $1,500 a year in athletic tape alone. That’s right. It’s not uncommon to hear of career-ending injuries in any sport, but Plum has had scores of body parts broken while playing the game and he keeps coming back for more.
This list is staggering.
- 10 concussions.
- Fractured sternoclavicular joint, which causes neck pain.
- Two shoulder reconstructions.
- Supraspinatus tendonitis.
- Labral tears of his shoulder.
- Dislocated and broken finger, which required joint replacement surgery.
- Damaged ligaments in two fingers.
- Torn MCL.
- Arthritis in knee, which can’t be treated by anti-inflammatories because Plum has Crohn’s disease.
- Meniscus removed from both knees on three separate occasions.
- Bone spurs removed from both ankles, with further surgery planned this offseason.
- Arthroscopic surgery on his elbow.
Despite all this, Plum has 399 tackles on the season.