- Thou shall have no other sports before rugby.
- Thou shall not make for yourself any idol, for rugby is about the team.
- Thou must have a colossal gob to play scrum half.
- Thou shall remember and keep the rugby day holy.
- Fat lads up front, skinny lads on the wing.
- Thou must batter thy opposite number before shaking his hand.
- Forwards must not put boot to ball.
- Thou must always attempt to steal the opposition’s ball.
- Thou must not give false evidence to the whistleblower (unless it is to fain not being injured).
- Thou must not be envious of your brother’ number for he is the holder of the shirt.